Business Development Officer – Technical (Bio Tech and Safety Standards)
Quality Infrastructure and Customer Care
Manager, Quality Infrastructure
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide information and assistance required to foster the establishment and expansion of manufacturing companies in Barbados.
- Carry out general estate management functions, including arrangements for letting factory and office space, preparing tenancy agreements, visiting estates with prospective and incumbent tenants, negotiations in respect of terms of the tenancy agreement and related estate matters.
- Inspect of building works in progress to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications and other tender documents, including preparation of interim and final account valuations, certification of payments and maintenance of building cost records and other technical data.
- Maintain cost control and record keeping using standard and other computer applications, including word-processing and spreadsheet applications and specialized applications such as computer-aided design and systematic updating of databases.
- Work directly with internal customers to prevent critical issues that can result in enforced plant shutdowns or product recalls; and execute food safety planning with new product development and expansion of production lines. While maintaining current food safety regulations and preparing the organization for the implementation of new food safety regulations, the consultant will set goals, targets, and overall budgets.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to management by organizing and directing committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programmes
- Develop prerequisite programs including: transport, storage, purchasing, shipping and receiving, equipment and preventive maintenance, personnel and training, sanitation and pest control, recall programs, and operational control programs.
- Develop HACCP Plans or Equivalent Food Safety: Developing a HACCP plan refers to assembling a team and describing products and intended uses. Creating a flow diagram, plant schematic and verifying process flow are just a few crucial skills to ensuring food safety.
- Implement Food Safety Management Systems: Implementing a food safety management system refers to communicating food safety management system to both management and staff.
- Verify programs, review and validate food safety management system and update programme documentation.
- Undertake any other general or specific duties related to the job functions described herein.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in Building/Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Architecture or Building Surveying or related discipline.
- Certification in Food Safety such as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) or similar certification.
- At least three (3) years post first degree experience in Construction Management and/or Property Management or any of the above stated fields.
- Proficiency in the use of Computer-aided Design, Spreadsheet and Word Processing computer software.
- Working knowledge of ISO Standards.
- Certification in Project Management would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Customer-focused, research-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and be creative in identifying opportunities and achieving results.
Interested persons should submit their applications and the names and addresses of two business references to the Manager, Human Resources via email: HR@bidc.org no later than April 8, 2022.