The Consultant will be required to:
- Create a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for export clients.
- Use analysis, modeling and visualization of industry trends and the competitive landscape to help export clients to cut losses, increase capacity and increase profits.
- Analyse commercial data such as budgets, sales results and forecasts.
- Conduct scorecard and export rate analysis.
- Identify issues, risks and benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outline business impacts.
- Implement and test solutions.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Document and communicate the results from expended efforts.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Review and validate client data as it is collected.
- Oversee the deployment of data to the CRM team.
- Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data.
- Create or discover new data procurement and processing programs.
- Monitor analytics and metrics results.
- Implement new data analysis methodologies.
- Review client files to ensure integrity of data collection and utilization.
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Project Management or related discipline.
- At least three (3) years of relevant post first degree experience in Business Analysis or any of the above stated fields.
- Certification such as Certified Management Consultant (CMC) Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Certification would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable in all phases of the project management life cycle.
Interested persons should submit their applications and the names and addresses of two business references to the Manager, Human Resources via email: HR@bidc.org no later than April 8, 2022.